2 HOUR SCHOOL HOLIDAY KIDS TIE DYE WORKSHOP IN MELBOURNE! - 2-4pm, Tuesday 9th April 2019
Come make rainbows with us these school holidays in our Bentleigh East tie dye studio!
The kids will be learning lots of different tie dye designs and making their own wearable art, all while accidentally learning a little about colour theory, the colour wheel and colour mixing too!
Included in the workshop price is one cotton item (pillowcase, tea towel or hand towel) and all you need to bring is some other items for dyeing (kids or adults t-shirts or leggings, baby onesies etc are perfect, and we'll have enough time to get through about 4-6 more pieces per child) and we will transform them into your very own wearable works of art! Shops like Target, K-mart and Best & Less are great for cheap, white blanks. Please make sure it's nothing larger than an adult sized t-shirt, and that it's 100% cotton and pre-washed without any fabric softener. Pre-washing is a very important step, as most fabric have chemical finishes on them that will resist the dyes and the results can be unpredictable and sometimes disappointing. It doesn't matter if your items are still damp from the prewash before you come, but PLEASE make sure they have been washed!
Fabrics labelled as bamboo, rayon, modal and linen also dye beautifully. Polyester is the enemy and anything with a high polyester content will simply be a waste of dye as it will all go down the drain when you wash it. The dyeing process that we use is NOT suitable for silk or wool. Feel free to send me an email with any questions about suitable fabrics. For the most vibrant results, white or cream coloured fabric is best, although we can also work with more light and pastel colours.
The number of pieces that we get through will depend on the designs the children choose and how capable and fast they work. Some kids only manage to do 2 items each, and some get through 5 or 6 items in the 2 hours, so it can vary from child to child! If you don’t have time to grab another blank shirt or 2 before the workshop, there will be a limited number of extra blanks available for purchase here, including kids t-shirts, pillowcases, face washers and hand towels. Cash, credit cards and Paypal welcome. Alternatively, you can pre-purchase white blanks for dyeing when you purchase your workshop ticket. Browse through our "Blanks for dyeing" category to see what's available and pre-purchase to ensure they are all picked and prepped for dyeing on the day.
This workshop will be taking place in our Bentleigh East Rainbow Bungalow and our address and further details will be sent via email prior to the workshop day. If you are purchasing a ticket for a friend to come along too, please include a contact email address in the notes section on checkout, so we can make sure that they receive all the important information prior to the workshop!
A limited number of extra items for dyeing will be available for purchase on the day, along with our range of DIY Tie Dye Kits (at a special discounted price) so you can take the rainbow magic home with you! You will also have exclusive access to our full range of pre-dyed apparel, much of which isn't available online. It'll be like your own personal tie dye shopping experience! Credit card facilities will be available.
There will also be tea and coffee (for the grown-ups), cordial (for the kids) and bikkies to nibble on.
* No items larger than an adults t-shirt, please! All items must be white/cream, 100% cotton and pre-washed without fabric softener prior to the workshop. Brand new or second hand are both fine.
Best suited to kids aged 6 and up.
Please leave a comment in the notes section on checkout, letting me know the names and ages of the kids you're bringing along!
All workshops are run by me, Amelia! I am a registered teacher, I have a current Working With Children check, and I have been running my business, Sunny Daisy Tie Dye, for over 6 years.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractual obligations on even date between Sunny Daisy Tie Dye and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 12 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Sunny Daisy Tie Dye is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Sunny Daisy Tie Dye workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Sunny Daisy Tie Dye at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.