2 HOUR KIDS TIE DYE WORKSHOP IN MELBOURNE! - 10am-12pm, Tuesday 23rd January 2024
Our school holiday workshops are suitable for kids aged 6 and up. For safety and insurance reasons, children under 6 cannot stay for the duration of the workshop.
Please leave a comment in the notes section on checkout, letting me know the first names and ages of the kids you're bringing along!
Come make rainbows with us in our Moorabbin tie dye studio!
You will be learning lots of different tie dye designs and our talented tie dye experts will guide you through the process of making our own wearable art, all while accidentally learning a little about colour theory, the colour wheel and colour mixing too! You will learn how to tie and dye designs like the classic tie dye spiral, love heart, stripes, bullseye, V-fold and scrunch.
Included in the workshop price is one cotton item (pillowcase, cotton bag or hand towel, depending on availability) and all you need to bring is some other items for dyeing (kids or adults t-shirts or leggings, baby onesies etc are perfect, and we'll have enough time to get through about 4-6 more pieces per child) and we will transform them into your very own wearable works of art! Shops like Target, K-mart and Best & Less are great for cheap, white blanks. Please make sure it's nothing larger than an adult sized t-shirt, and that it's 100% cotton and pre-washed without any fabric softener. Pre-washing is a very important step, as most fabric have chemical finishes on them that will resist the dyes and the results can be unpredictable and sometimes disappointing. It doesn't matter if your items are still damp from the prewash before you come, but PLEASE make sure they have been washed!
Fabrics labelled as bamboo, rayon, modal and linen also dye beautifully. Polyester is the enemy and anything with a high polyester content will simply be a waste of dye as it will all go down the drain when you wash it. The dyeing process that we use is NOT suitable for silk or wool. Feel free to send me an email with any questions about suitable fabrics. For the most vibrant results, white or cream coloured fabric is best, although we can also work with more light and pastel colours.
The number of pieces that we get through will depend on the designs the children choose and how capable they are. Some kids only manage to do 2 items each, and some get through 5 or 6 items in the 2 hours, so it can vary from child to child! If you don’t have time to grab another blank shirt or 2 before the workshop, there will be a limited number of extra blanks available for purchase here, including kids t-shirts, pillowcases, lightweight hoodies, bandannas, etc. Cash, credit cards and Paypal welcome. Alternatively, you can pre-purchase white blanks for dyeing when you purchase your workshop ticket. Browse through our "Blanks for dyeing" category to see what's available and pre-purchase to ensure they are all picked and prepped for dyeing on the day.
This workshop will be taking place in our Rainbow Studio and Shop at 486A South Rd, Moorabbin (next to Holmesglen). If you are purchasing a ticket for a friend to come along too, please include a contact email address in the notes section on checkout, so we can make sure that they receive all the important information prior to the workshop!
There will also be cordial and bikkies to nibble on after the workshop.
* No items larger than an adults t-shirt, please (no bed linen or towels)! All items must be white/cream/pastel coloured, 100% cotton (or other suitable fabrics as outlined above) and pre-washed without fabric softener prior to the workshop. Brand new or second hand are both fine.
Please leave a comment in the notes section on checkout, letting us know the names and ages of the kids you're bringing along!
All our staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold current Working With Children checks.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractual obligations on even date between Sunny Daisy Tie Dye and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 12 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) All booking changes due to government-imposed COVID-19 restrictions or isolation requirements due to COVID-19 infection will be transferable to an alternative date/time within the next 12 months. All fees and deposits paid will be held in credit.
(4) In the rare event that Sunny Daisy Tie Dye is required to cancel or postpone/reschedule a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation/postponement/rescheduling or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Sunny Daisy Tie Dye workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation/postponement/rescheduling.
(5) Cancellations, postponements or reschedulings may be advised by Sunny Daisy Tie Dye at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.